Re: RC: RC: Re: long backed arabians

Jennifer -

It's hard to say from the pix, but I think Mahriah has a longish back
for an Arab but a short coupling.  Not a bad combination.  As for the
back/long thing that you think you have, it looks to me like it
originates with underrun heels in front.  Of course, these aren't all
that visible either, but I think this horse's heels are sore, and so
she's not moving lightly in front.

If your farrier can get her foot more back under the bony column of her
leg, I suspect she will move better & have less trouble with leads.
This will require the work of a good journeyman farrier (probably a
different one from the one you have now, if he/she is satisfied with the
current work), and painstaking attention to a shoeing/trimming schedule.

Good luck.
-Abby B

--
* * *