Bad eyesight?

  I'm getting a bit concerned about my Scarlet.  Lately she has developed
an intense fear of cars heading towards us.  When faced with one, she
starts backpeddalng and nearly bolts in panic.  If I can get her turned
around so her butt is facing the oncoming car, it's not a problem - just
a slight flinch.  I'm wondering if maybe she may have some sight problems
or something that could cause an oncoming car to look like a monster or
something.  Has anyone had any experiences like this?  Can a horse's
eyesight be checked?

Rae
Tall C Arabians - SE TX