Re: RC: Snow/bitter climates

Hi Kris:  Up here in Northern British Columbia (Canada that is)  I find that
I generally don't ride when it is colder than -10 degrees celcius..  Thats
most of December, January, February and sometimes November too.....  We live
with little access to trails and have to ride on icy roads to get to what we
have within 2 miles....  We could haul to trails further away, but then we
would have to compete with the snowmobilers for the trail.
I just went on a short ride a couple of days ago and of course with the
furry coat ( on the horse :)  )  he got all warm and damp.  I put a polar
fleece cooler on him immediatly after we got home and then put his winter
blanket on top.  He then went into his paddock with a flake of hay.  An hour
later I went out and he was dry under his blankets, so I stripped them off
and let him roll etc.  If it was snowing I might lock him in his stall until
the next day or even get out the blow drier!  But of course that is a SNAKE!
issue so we don't go there often  Good luck with the snow and cold.....
Later
Laurie Burt