Re: What does Long Slow Distance mean to you?

Unfortunately neither my husband nor I has a "tiny hiney"... I wish.  And
our daughter is 16....I have even offered to PAY her to ride our young
horses with me to get them started.  She is always too busy, barely has time
for her own endurance horse so it's pretty much up to me...so I just keep
the early lessons and work short with walking and an occasional trot.  I'm
short so I make sure to teach right away about a step stool for my sake AND
for their sake.  I don't like reefing on their back to get on even after
they are experienced.   Right now, dear Mykal has little coordination but he
WANTS to trot so occasionally he is allowed and he seems to be improving and
doesn't leave the trail of a drunken sailor...we are fortunate that the
field next to us (which we are allowed to ride on) is still soft and so we
just make several circuits around this field, sometimes across as it's bumpy
and makes him pick his feet up and watch his step.  Oh, to have a tiny
hiney!!!  I'm sure the horses would appreciate it!
Maggie