ROC Sanctioning

> Why isn't the ROC sanctioned by the AERC?

I think in the past there was a problem in that it wasn't open to ALL
horses & mules, etc.  To some extent I think this ruling needs to be
reconsidered by the board...I know the ROC was sanctioned later so
there's obviously a way it worked out...also since our National
Championship requires that you qualify now it wouldn't be sanctionable
either if that was the cause.  It really bums me out that I got no points
for doing the 100 at the Pan Ams.  I don't know how you could consider it
unfair to others who "weren't allowed to compete there" since it easily
knocked us out of doing more miles by not staying home and hitting the
close rides.  Someone said I'd get credit for the miles, but that hadn't
shown up last time I checked.  I think it hurts the credibility of the
AERC points race when some really great horses, like Red for instance,
can lose their standings in their region just by hitting and WINNING the
really big ones.

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.