Edema in "NOT" pregnant mare

I know most people are at the convention, but I hope there's someone out
there who
 can answer this.

My new mare has been standing in her corral for 2 weeks (a little hand
walking) because of all the rain here, and the ground is too slippery to do
anything. Well, I
put her saddle on her yesterday, and when I took it off, the girth left a
huge "dent" in her belly (center fire girth). Now. she's had small "lumps"
off and on since I got her, but now has this a big "V" starting from her
chest, covering her rib area underneath. I asked my barn manager, and he's
only seen it on pregnant mares (I've only had her since November so I guess
anything's possible). She does have a filly on the ground approx. 1 1/2 years
old now. My vet looked at her once when I first got her and said it's just
because she's fat. Does anyone have this with a mare "NOT" pregnant (asking
with her fingers crossed)?  Haven't been able to turn her out at all, maybe
today the arenas will be drier.  Would this mean she has an underlying
infection somewhere? Is this a side affect of post baby, standing around
doing nothing?