Re: vaccination reactions

  I don't know if it was tying up or not, but many years ago I
had a horse react to a flu shot (i think it was the flu): he
got a large swollen area at the injection site (about 6 inches
across), and was extremely lethagic and obviously not feeling
well.  At one oit he was leaning his rump against the wall so
as not to have to support his full weight.  It passed in a day
or two: as I recall, i think the vet gave him a shot of an ani-
inflamatory, but I could be wrong (this was about 25 years ago).
I do remember the vet said that reactions to this shot were not
that uncommon.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag