RE: Ansur Saddle Flipside

I had a VERY similar experience with Ariat.  I bought a brand new pair
of Ariat Extremes at my local tack shop.  After riding in them *once*
the poor quality leather on the inside of the left boot was "sliced up",
right where the leather creases when you take a step.  It was obvious to
me that the leather was thinner and of a poorer quality than my old
Ariat Winter boots which I have had for five years(and used hard!).  I
imagine the metal EZ Rides caused the cuts, but as expensive as these
boots are, one would think they could hold up to a stirrup!  Besides
that, the other boot was fine!  There were probably more than a dozen
deep cuts in the leather and I had done no more than an ordinary
conditioning ride.  No extreme or unusual circumstances, just a ride I'd
done 100's of times in my old Ariats and have worn them for years with
no problem.  Well, I wrote to the company and got no response.  So, I
took them back to the tack shop and she said that it was my fault that
the leather was cut, that I had somehow done it.  So, I contacted the
company again and  did get a response.  They told me to put some shoe
conditioner on the gouges and basically that they would do nothing.
After a third email and no further response I vowed that I would never
buy another pair.  One thing I can't abide is a company that doesn't
stand behind what it sells.  I was a die hard Ariat wearer, and in fact,
probably have half a dozen pairs around here.  It seems like no one's in
it for the long haul anymore, they only care about the immediate cash.
   I was also displeased to find out that the boots are now being made
in China.  I had assumed they were American made.  It just doesn't make
sense to me.  When a cheap repair or replacement will preserve a
customer why some companies don't fall all over themselves to make
something right.  I tell you, if I was selling $2000 saddles, I sure would!
Has anybody tried Double H boots?  They are made right here in PA and I
thought I'd give them a try.  Any other winter riding boots out there
(for WIDE feet!) that you really like?
Thanks (and thanks for letting me vent a little, been holding on to that
for awhile!),
Lisa