Re: vinegar??

> At the recent Horse Affaire there was a flyer stating vinegar was:   a
> natural antibiotic,   detoxifier,   water purifier,  hoof treatment,
> antiseptic,   and would --- reduce problems with parasites,  muscle and
> joint stiffness and soreness,  fungi related issues,   strengthen bones
and
> tendons hoof walls and soles,  resist insects and diseases including
> infections and colic.

Let me go out on a limb here and guess that the flyer was distributed by
someone trying to sell you something.

> This sure sound too good to be true,  does anyone have any information on
> raw vinegar's
> properties?

Yes, it's excellent on lettuce.  There are alot of urban legends and such,
but none have ever panned out in clinical trials.

> The flyer listed it as containing B1,  B2,  B6,  A,  C,  E,  Beta
carotene,
> and P
>  also  Boron,  Potassium,  Seleium,  Sodium, Calcium, Magnesium,
> Phosphorous, Chlorine,  Sulfur, Copper,  Iron,  Zinc,  Silicon,  Fluorine,
> plus Acetic acid,  Pantothenic acid,  Lactic acid,  Citric acid,  Potash,
> Ketones,  Amino acids,  Apple pectin, and enzymes.
>
> No info on how much of anything.

That's the key is "how much".  An average sample of sea water also contains
gold, but one molecule per billion aint enough to make any difference to
anybody.  Same with vinegar and the above ingredient list.  It's just a
bunch of marketing poofery that means nothing.

> Any one have any ideas whether these claims are useful?

Only to the distributor and only if you buy into it.

Susan G