pasture foaling

does anyone here ever allow their mares to foal in the pasture. We are planning to breed in 2002 and we are debating pasture foaling. I have seen good success with this. Also would apprecaite thoughts on size needed and perhaps if they reduced size and added lights? AGAIN this is still in the planning stages. Soo do you think perhaps painting the trees yellow since we really don't know if it is going to be a boy or girl or should we go with the pink and blue gingham? noahs ark theme or western theme for the baby?????? mmmmmm
Carla (thank goodness I am not debating having a child!)
Haley (don't we moms have a say so???)
Ansata (congrats your going to have a baby in two years!)
Rob (I just boil water that is my job in this I am just the boiled water guy okay!!!)