Re: RC: Gelding older stallions

I have seen several older stallions gelded then later turned out to pasture
with mares and they behaved as stallions. They we mentally "stallions" though
they lost their "sexuality" they still were very aggressive to any males or
young colts. One particular stallion was gelded at 20, set loose on 100 acres
with a band of mares. But their were still 4 other stallions at the farm. The
new gelding almost died from starvation trying to keep the mares away from
the stallion pens and would himself come up out of the pasture to fight with
the stallions over the fences.

Maria