Witez II Lines

Jeri,
You've done a great job with this stallion--the poor guy sounds like he's
spent his life locked up in a virtual portapotty environment and you are
his salvation!!  I have never heard of a Witez bred horse being bad or an
outlaw or untrainable.  However, many or the Polish horses are much more
sensitive than other lines.  The Crabbet bred horses (except for Abu
Farwa) are generally quieter.  Understanding  the Polish horses
sensitivity and working with it instead of against it is really
rewarding--most are bred to be bold and athletic.  Sheila Varian beat all
breeds at Cow Palace years ago in a working cow horse class, Donna
Fitzgerald won the Tevis several times on Witezarife, and the famous
Millers Arabians wiped out all competition at the Nationals in cutting
competitions on a Witez grandson, Xenophon.  If you could train him to
ride, great.  If you can breed to him, that's good too.  I know there is
a web site somewhere that lists breeders of Witez line horses.  As for
the daughter that couldn't be saddled, could have been a problem with the
trainer.  I know for a fact you can't train ANY Arabian anything by tying
them in a chair and throwing snakes on them!!  That's my way of saying
you cannot force them to do what they don't understand.  Best of Luck,
Renie