legal or not?

Title: legal or not?
> Subject: RC:  RE:  Glucosamine &MSM Supplements
>
> Karen Standefer hrschk@yahoo.com
> I think it's a shame these two are not approved.  These two supplements are
> wonderful as preventatives and not just to help along a horse that has seen
> better days

> So let me get this straight, under rule 13, a Glucosamine and Condroitin
> supplement in the feed would be illegal, but oral electrolites administered
> at every water stop are OK?

Ok, I'm pretty much confused now.  I know MSM is not "legal" for endurance rides but are we saying that glucosamine and chondroitin are also not legal?  If so, how long does it take to get out of the bloodstream so it's not testable?  If I can locate my rule book, I'll reread rule 13 but if someone could clarify, I'd appreciate it.

Dede