Re: Re: re; Glucosamine discussion

Ridecampers,

Many manufacturers lurk the boards to see what the concerns of true
horse-people are, and Vita-Flex is no different. This is the first time I've
been compelled to "jump in" though. I'm not going to insult anyone by making
product claims or sending you to our website for information. We have put
together a pretty good online database of articles on many supplements, CS,
Gl and MSM included. Some of these are from the equine magazines you all get
regularly, and many are from respected peer-reviewed biomedical journals.
We've gotten reprint rights from the publishers of all these articles. I
urge you all to go and read them yourselves. Please see
www.redwings.org/direct.html. Just scroll down to find the articles on CS,
Gl and MSM. (Also take a look around the Redwings Horse Sanctuary site while
you're there. They are a great rescue and educational organization.)

I'm not going to try to fool anyone here. There have been peer-reviewed
articles discounting the efficacy of many of these substances. These
articles are not included in the database. Read the articles that are there
with a critical eye. Look for problems with study design and data
compilation. Your questions may not all be answered, but chances are you'll
learn something new and important about what you are feeding yourselves,
horses and pets. I really hope this information helps you in making informed
decisions.

Regards,

Brian Kravitz
Research and Reprints Manager