Special feed tax

I need some input from folks in Virginia and South Carolina.  The Maryland
Horse Council is supporting a bill to fund the Maryland Horse Industry Fund
by assessment on commercial horse feed of $2 a ton.  They state that VA and
SC already have been successful with similar feed bills.

Has this been a benefit to the backyard homeowner in these states?
My basic feeling is against such a bill but I am trying to keep an open
mind.  I need some input from you all out there.  Pat Oliva

--- Marilyn Oliva
--- patoliva@earthlink.net
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.