Ride Manager Kudos

In a message dated Tue, 6 Feb 2001 20:11:32 EST
Merryben@aol.com writes

<The idea that ride managers are making a lot of money is ludicrous.  Even
the
big name rides that make a lot of money, put it back year after year into
bettering their trails and staffing. >

Y'all remember Goethe.........Howard's favorite ride!!!!!!!  Apparently it's
not just Howard's.  Year before last we were packed in anywhere we could find
to park.  Then it started raining at the ride meeting, but did quit as we
started packing up Sunday morning to come home :~)  However, the ride went
off without a hitch including having to have water tanked in.  There were
plenty of vets and volunteers and everyone was in good spirits despite the
weather.  Last year (packed in again....we LOVE this ride) we discovered a
wash rack and water throughout the campsites.  At the ride meeting they
announced that proceeds from this ride helped fund the well and that next
year there would be even more improvements.  What is truly amazing  is that
this ride is held the week before Christmas when most people have other
things on their mind besides putting on an endurance ride AND three weeks
later she puts on a competitive trail ride there.  Thanks, Pat
(Thomas).........you are appreciated!!

Cathy & Jazz