Easyboots, Studs and Mud

I recently put studs in my easy boots after taking a fall on
a slick slope.  Studs were great until last Sunday.  I rode
both Saturday and Sunday: Saturday, no problems, Sunday, kelpt
loosing the left boot: happened about four times before I gave
up and took them off.  I have never had the boots come off
repeatedly before, so I assuming this is because the ground had
thawed, and the studs were digging in enough to pull the boot
off.  So... it appears studs help on ice/frozen ground, but are
too 'grippy' for mud... but without them, will I be sliding
around in the mud?  I sent EasyCare a comments ("Please make
a 'mud boot' with heavier texture on sole").  I also looked in
the archives and noticed others had posted about the same
problem. Any modifcations that can be made to the boots to
provide better traction in the mud, besides studs?

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag