Re: RC: Another Newbie question-horse body language

After trying all sorts of bits - eqine denist, etc. , I was talking about the
frustration with my vet when he was here to pull Coggins. He said that many Arabs
have a shallow palate and no bit will be comfortable.

I went to a side pull and all problems went away. So maybe trying some sort of
non bit briddle may help. My horse is very well behaved and controllable (as
least as controllable as he ever was in a bit ) in a side pull. Some horses
aren't. So maybe try out some other options and if the problem goes away. At
least that would give some indication if there is some basic discomfort in the
mouth caused by a bit.

Truman

--
Vertex Engineering, Inc.