Another Newbie question-horse body language

Hey all:
You know, you'd think I had been out of horses for 20 years with all the
questions I'm posting. Here's another...I had written to ridecamp regarding
bitting my 6 year old mare, with just a year and a few under saddle and 6 of
those months on the track. Well, we are doing fine but I am still questioning
the bit thing. Today we went for a ride and she was licking her lips a lot
and occasionally bobbing her head quite low. Any hints on what that means? I
am concerned that she may need to go bitless but I hate to give up that old
fashioned notion that I am in control with a bit in her mouth..lol...!!  No,
seriously, I just want to know if she is hating this bit and I should look at
changing. I started her out in a Mylar but it was to wide. It still seems to
be the bit she liked best. Had a sweetiron mouthpiece and great independent
action. I tried a Kimberwicke, then moved to a snaffle that is jointed in two
places in the mouth. Any suggestions?  Has anyone tried the comfort snaffle
by Mylar and know if it comes in a 43/4 size, and a seetiron mouthpiece?
Thanks!