Re: Re: Electrolyting

Read Susan's articles on the metabolic pull.  She advises starting early in the week getting them filled up with hay and beet pulp which will help keep fluids in the hind gut for the weekend.  What you feed on Thursday is what they have to go on for Saturday...those articles made a BIG difference for me.  I know a lot of folks aren't big on LDs but I used Susan's advice and in 2000 Malik won 4 LD BC awards and I have to give her credit.  He looked great.  Now we have to go on and apply what we have learned to 50s and I am anxious to do so.  A lot of our rides this year were spur of the moment, yep, we can make it deals and I didn't get to prepare the way I should have.  This year is gonna be different!!  But I found that just doing that...bulking him up on lots of soaked beet pulp (pretty much free choice every day from Tuesday through Thursday) made more difference than e-lyting ever did.
Maggie