suspensory ligament and blistering

>I know this is an > old time
> treatment but it's supposed to bring blood to the area to help it >
heal > faster.

A good while back Tom Ivers sent me a paper that suggested that using a
TENS unit can speed the healing of suspensory ligaments, same concept,
increases circulation to the area if I recall correctly.  I actually
shopped around for one but by the time I picked one out my horse was
ready to ride anyway.  Anybody else ever tried one?

I know my vet has used one on himself with great results (not sure what
for, just know he went from a skeptic to believer), and another friend
used one at his advice on her horse's back that was sort of in spasm (I
think that was the problem, sore from bad hocks) and it did wonders for
him.

The horse I was treating had no tear, just inflamation. I know another
horse just coming back from a suspensory injury and their UT vets used
the treatment Ed Hauser described.  I have a problem when they suggest we
keep them up for a few weeks, then hand walk, etc.  Problem is they build
up such a head of steam that you *know* the first time they go back out
there's going to be a major running fit that's probably worse for them
than being out the whole time would have been.  I kept my horse up, but
then before turning him out the first time I put a sports medicine boot
on his leg, got him out and walked and let him graze for an hour or so,
then I turned him out after dark with the calmest horse I own and penned
up the other "runners".  Finally I reintroduced the runners one at a
time.  We managed to get through with no running. >whew<

Angie
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.