From: Maggie Mieske
To: maryanne@ratbusters.net ; Karen Sullivan
Cc: Ridecamp
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2001 6:31 AM
Subject: RC: Re: Re: Stallions in endurance riding

It's interesting that you would say that...about gauging how you feel when you want to ride.  I have foregone competition and just simple pleasure rides if I didn't feel 100% healthy or if it just didn't feel "right".  I know I get razzing from some folks that I'm just being lazy or silly but I've lived to ride another day!  :)  I absolutely agree with you, Maryanne, though that this could be a reason for some folks having accidents or simply having a bad day riding their horse which may seem ridiculous but when it boils right down to it, if I'm having a rough time with a horse I am riding, I am not only unhappy but will probably give the horse a bad experience as well.  I don't want to do that.  I think horses can have bad days, too just like we can.  We really need to tune in to ourselves and our horses more.
Maggie