Re: Stallions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dolores Arste" <darste@emi.com>

> I ride a stallion and respect all those who choose not to ride with one.
Riding a stallion is a huge
> responsibility and one that should never be taken lightly. .......>
> On a ride, I prefer to ride alone. But, we can ride with anyone if that
person can and will pay as much attention
> to their horse as I pay to my stallion. If not, I will respectfully leave
the group. That may mean I will have to
> stop and get off and wait for those riders to go on ahead. Or, it might
mean I have to put the peddle to the metal
> and boogie on out of there. Whichever it takes, I am willing to do for the
safety of my horse and others. No ride
> is worth undoing your training for. Nor is any placing worth compromising
anyone's safety.

> Dolores Arste

Thats great that you are also not offended if someone declines to ride with
you.  I remember a lady who came on a camping trip and brought a stallion.
I politely refused to ride with her and she got really mad....but she had
driven into camp....and within 5 minutes her stallion had gotten loose and
was tearing around....not a person to inspire trust!

Also, myself not ever owning or handling a stallion....I do not have the
experience or knowledge to judge if situations around them are safe or not.
Better for me to steer clear.  I don't doubt there are handler/stallion
situations that are extremely safe and trustworthy!  But I have seen a
couple of the other kind!

Karen