From: Terry W
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2001 7:51 PM
Subject: RC: out of barefoot curiosity

Wouldn't a sore barefoot horse be pulled at vet checks just like a sore shod horse would?  So why would ride managers require hoof protection?  It would seem that anyone who is spending the time and money to ride the ride would not want to be pulled due to sore hooves, so wouldn't they be the best ones to judge whether their horse can or can't compete barefoot?