Barefoot Pain (To Sarah)

Karen Standefer hrschk@yahoo.com
REFERENCED POST:

>>Any group that can't tolerate being questioned or asked for proof, will
do very well without me there.<<

Who said anything about not asking questions or not asking for proof?
We'll answer questions all day long.  That's why we continuously get
caught up in these debates on RC that turn into flaming wars.    Most of
us love to talk about what we've learned.  Call it religion or whatever,
learning about the hoof and inner workings of a horse is absolutely
fascinating as well as discovering what it takes to make them thrive
psychologically.  When it comes to learning and talking about it, most of
us barefoot advocates are totally addicted to it.

The shoeing advocates could be called religious just as well.  The
definition fits both ways.   Both sides of this debate are unwilling to
change their ways of doing things.

We simply don't want to be subjected to the demeaning attitudes ("but this
is TOO HILARIOUS to pass up") so prevelant on this group.  We prefered a
safehaven to have our discussions and debates with people who can debate
logically and not emotionally.  Actually, the group was started absolutely
and 100% because of all the flaming and laughing out loud that you guys
did when we were carrying on a discussion in this forum before a few
months back.  Your laughing is hurtful and does not foster an environment
of open discussion/debate.  And, especially when all of us (barefooters
and shoers, both) are only trying to do what we think is best for our
horses.

The group is not closed to people who shoe.  Bob Morris just joined today.
However, it is closed to people who can't play nicely or try to argue the
benefits of shoeing.  Feel free to start your own forum for that purpose.

Karen