Barefoot Pain (To Tammy)

Karen Standefer hrschk@yahoo.com
REFERENCED POST:
>>They don't FEEL anything on the hoof wall, and this is where the shoes
are placed.  That's why you can nail on a shoe...no feeling.

I still wonder WHY people want to put horses through this pain and or
time.

Shoes are placed on the out side wall.  Stone bruising is done at the sole
or frog area.  This has nothing to do with if a shoe was on or not.  All
it means is that the horse stepped on a rock at the wrong angle, speed &
place of the hoof. <<

Hi, Tammy.............reading your remarks above makes me curious as to
what you believe causes pain in a barefoot horse if, as you say, the shoe
doesn't affect any of the feeling area of the hoof (which, BTW, I believe,
also)?   What did you mean by putting them through the pain and the time?
Could you help me understand what it is about a shoe (how it works) to
make the horse more comfortable?

karen