Re: RC: Barefoot Stats

>REFERENCED POST:
 >Karen Standefer hrschk@yahoo.com
>I will update it again as soon as I have time
>to go through all the numbers on the AERC completion statistics.  I don't
>recall who cross posted the previously compiled stats.  But, if you search
>the archives for something like DBJ Star, you'll probably turn them up.
Karen,
So how can you tell from the AERC completion statistics that the horses were
barefoot? Darolyn's horses are only barefoot when possible, & shod (with
nailed on shoes) when necessary. You can't just look at the AERC record &
know what was on the horses's feet! And to me barefoot will always mean a
horse with BARE feet. EZ Boots, Swiss Boots, Ol' Macs are SHOES.
To answer your question, traditional steel shoes do only protect the wall.
People who "shoe" do not hesitate to also use pads or boots where sole
protection is needed. It pretty much goes without saying when you're not
trying to prove a point.

Nancy Mitts