Commercial feeds and endurance horses

Karen Webb kwebb@gssb.com
Has anyone been feeding any of the commercial feeds that are low
protein/high fat like Manna Pro's Superhorse Elite 10?  Its an extruded
feed, fairly expensive.  I'm trying it but so far my horse isn't
impressed.  It's kibbled like dog food and crunchy, which I think isn't as
inviting, however it is 10% protein, 10% fat, has added vegetable oil and
chelated minerals.

There is also another feed in our area put out by Flint River Mills called
Endurance Gold.  It is formulated under guidelines put out by the Kentucky
Equine Research Center.  It is also 10% protein and 10% fat.  I believe it
is a textured feed with chelated minerals, vegetable oil, a yeast culture
and beet pulp.  Seems to contain everything you want without just buying a
basic grain mix and adding it yourself.

Has anyone tried either of these?  Any thoughts?