Re: RC: That 3/8" of steel - to Karen

VERY well put Barb!!!  The first and second time this
"to shoe or not to shoe" topic kept going, I pretty
much deleted any email with the subject about it.  To
put it lightly, it's felt like the ol' beat the dead
horse type issue.....still does and I'm sorry to add
to it.   For some reason I was lead to read your
message and respond to it instead of just deleting it.
 I'll leave it to how people feel on the issue, since
it's their horses.  I think there's far worse horse
treatment issues to be addressed than this.
Personally, my competing horses WILL have shoes all
the way around.  Currently as my wife and I condition,
we only put shoes on the front or our mares.  By
Lucie's ride in Feb, they will have 4wheel drive.  I
can say that this topic has made Ridecamp very active.
 Though I do feel people taking it way to serious.
Which I think calls for Howard to post something
really funny;)

Tim

P.S. I haven't been one to just sit down and read a
book.  But I just read Monty Roberts: The Man Who
Listens To Horses".  What a great book.  I could not
put it down.  Then I read The Horse Whisperer.  Great
book also, but I like how the movie ended better than
the book did.