RE: Tex Tan Endurance Saddle

Dorann LaPerch bonnfyrefarms@yahoo.com
I purchased a Tex Tan "Tex Flex" endurance saddle in September of this
year.  I had tried numberous saddles on my mare "Peaches 'N Khareem" and
still had not found one I was happy with.  This saddle fit her so
beautifully and is truely the MOST comfortable saddle I have ever ridden
in. (I have trained horses professionally since 1980, so I have an
educated posterior <VBG>)

My only problem is that after one ride the finish started to come off the
fenders and in other areas where there was friction. I mean this saddle is
back to TAN in some spots. I took the first saddle back. The store I deal
with (BROKEN HORN SADDLEREY in Southern California) has been awesome. They
took back the first saddle and said they would send it to Tex Tan and gave
me another saddle.   Low and behold the second saddle did the same thing.
They told me to "use it" and wait for Tex Tan to ship the first saddle
back.  I "used it" for the last 2 1/2 months for training and for two
rides. I am still in love with this saddle, which is now a lovely shade of
pinto coloring of dark brown and tan.  The first saddle came back from the
factory. I brought it home, rode in it for a half hour and the finish is
coming off immediately.  I called Broken Horn. They have ordered me one
more, hoping that the first two saddles-which came from the same lot--just
had something defective in the tanning process that did not allow it to
absorb the finish. I am taking both saddles back tomorrow (December 20). I
want to show them what my one saddle looks like after only three months. I
will of course keep that one until the newest one gets here.

I adore this saddle.  I had told my horse that had it not fit her I was
going to sell her and keep the saddle <JK>  We have tried it on another
hard to fit horse and it is amazing on him. We have never seen him move
out so freely!  I am curious if anyone else has had this issue with this
saddle. I am surprised Tex Tan, who has been making saddles forever, has
this problem.

So, as far as comfort and fitting a lot of different horses (I own 37 of
my own and so far it has fit many) I can not speak highly enough of this
saddle. If we can just get one that retains the finish I will be thrilled.

Kudos to Broken Horn for having the best Customer Service I could hope
for!