Fw: Rope with a Tire

And since when did the movies get it right??   Especially Westerns.

----- Original Message -----
From: Linda B. Merims
To: renegade12@juno.com ; ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 10:29 AM
Subject: RC: Rope with a Tire

Randy Eiland renegade12@juno.com  said:

>How did they manage to carry a rope with a tire tied to the
>end of it?...especially while mounted on a horse and chasing
>a wild horse?
>
>Terry W. wrote:
>>
>>They also used to rope them with tires tied to the ends of the
>>ropes to drag around til they were exhausted...

This technique is used in _The Misfits_ (Clark Gable, Marilyn Monroe,
circa 1960).  Copies should be available in any sizeable video store.  If
I recall correctly (it's been at least 10 years since I watched it), they
roped them off the back of a truck.  Pretty harrowing.

Linda B. Merims
lbm@naisp.net
Massachusetts, USA