Goethe

I can attest to Becky's condition after the ride. As we were driving out of camp I looked over and saw poor Becky sitting with the stares and attempting to eat a sandwich. I yelled out "Wake up Becky!" and she barely blinked. Did you even know you were eating Becky? This Florida humidity can suck every bit of life right out of you.

John, my husband crewed for me this ride. Later, my trainer Wendy who usually crews for me came up. As we were sitting around camp after the ride with our Corona IV's Wendy and John started comparing notes on what it is really like to crew.
According to them, every rider who comes in at the vet check, automatically goes into bitch mode. Nothing anyone does is right, and the crew can't wait for the timer to call the rider back out!! I tried to explain that we were all very hot and tired and to cut us some slack. The only thing they want to cut is our throats!
Wendy was screaming that if I ask her to bring water to drink for me, when I come into the check I demand Coke. If I tell her to bring a Gatorade bar, when I come in I'll be saying "Where the hell are my cookies?". Well, excuuuuuse me! :) I can't believe I am that bad but John seconded everything she said. But he did also say that after talking to the other crew members, I am not the only one. Thank God! Oh well, John and Wendy needed to vent. Maybe we should start a group therapy fund for crew members?

I had a good time and so did my daughter Allison. She was way more competitive than I wanted her to be but what the heck. Thanks to Pat and Helen and the Helper family for putting on a great ride. I apologized to my crew for my bad behavior, past, present and future because I know I may get cranky at any given ride. So most of all, thanks to my crew and support group. Anyway, the temper tantrums and antics that go on at the vet checks give us all something to talk and laugh about! Lisa Salas, The Odd FArm