trailer wires

my friend recently bought a new trailer and the wires are on top of the roof covered by a flimsy piece of fiberglass.  When she asked the dealer about it he said this was normal.  none of us have ever seen wiring like this on top of trailers.
Maria is worried about the safety of this arrangment.

So I'm taking a poll.   has anyone else seen this and is it safe and if not what can you do to make it safe.

thanks
Anita Carlson
SE region