P&R system

Angie McGhee Rides2far@juno.com
>>>When I went to Vermont, it seemed
that things moved SOOOO much more smoothly and that part of that
smoothnesswas due to the physical set up and part to the ....practiceof
having a horsepulse in and then being able to go to the vet at relative
leisure.

Maryanne, I don't know about others, but I know that we did the usual in
Vermont.  We pulsed down and went directly to the vets.  I think the
reason for the lack of backup was the ample number of vets available and
their experience.  Inexperienced vets are usually slower and less aware of
the backup they are causing.

It sounds like that if I understand you right, the reason your people pile
up is that they don't have to fear an immediate pulse check so they go in
immediately.  I have almost never had to wait for a P&R check, but have
had to wait in line for vets.

At the Liberty Run ride a vet line is common unless you're out in front.
I go into the P&R area then when they put us in line for the vets I have
my crew bring me hay and a pan of food that I can keep in front of him,
since we may spend most of our hold in line.  They mark out lines with
flagging sort of like Disney World and have a person at the end who sends
the next rider in line to the first open vet.  I don't think it would help
any to "go to the vets at our leisure" since the vets are the reason for
the line, not the P&R workers.  This is just my experience.  I think they
do things very differently out west.

Angie