Re: RC: RE: twist on saddles

What a great description of saddle twist and  good insights on saddle
construction.  The thing that struck me most was your  observation that
most saddle makers (as well as most riders) ride in a "chair seat".  You
are kinder than I am;  I bluntly say toilet-seat riding.   The saddle I
ride has a flat seat;  actually, it rises a bit in the back to keep your
butt forward.  The cantle, I was told, is just to keep you from going off
the back in the event of a sudden buck or bolt.  It was NEVER designed as
a place to park your tush and just sit there while your horse packs you
down the trail.  My experience tells me that if you learn to ride
bareback at all speeds, you learn Where your seat bones, legs, thighs and
calves should be while riding.  A saddle designed to follow these natural
lines should, ultimately, be the best balanced.  Renie