Re: RC: Re: Re: Barefoot

At 03:07 PM 11/28/2001 -0800, Robyn Levash wrote:
> > Although, now, I  *wish* that I did listen to my gut and pull him at 35
> > miles Vet check one. He did get a completion, but I am not proud of it. I
> > did not like the way he looked after the ride. I walked and checked him
> > several times that night and I never saw him look as bad as what one
>person
> > on RC said. If he really looked that bad I wish she would have knocked on
>my
> > camper and told me, or told the vet. Yes, this ride was torture on a
> > barefoot horse, and I will not be doing a ride like this without hoof
>boots.
> > It's just not worth it even if you think your horse is doing fine at the
> > time.

YAAAAY Robyn -- you really are getting it!  Good for you.  I did go over
and talk to Barney and Linda -- I didn't think you were there.  I'm glad
you are being honest, your horse will benefit.  Hopefully, others can learn
from this too and we can prevent anymore barefoot horses from having to
endure what yours did.

Karen