A Barefoot Correction...

I never thought I'd be happy to be saying this, but I've had the most
thoughtful and respectful replies to this past Barefoot discussion
that I ever thought was possible.

Two private posters took the time to write me and provide me stats
from the ride, as well as the Vet's name and e-mail address so that I
could take the time to contact him if I so chose (I'm going to, right
after I send this!).  They were kind, polite, and I thank them for
such generosity of spirit.

The success of folks who are attempting to condition their horses for
barefoot endurance really does matter to me, and the last thing I'd
ever dream of is to have unknowing but well-intending people attempt
to condition their horses based upon falsifications of a turnout of a
ride.  Likewise, I will be happy - and fully intend - to bring this
to the attention of the members of the barefoot endurance list once I
hear back from the vet so that they can base their training and
conditioning techniques on FACT, not fantasy.

Again, my thanks to those who chose to present the facts to me with
kindness, and my apologies to the list for having made my reply to
this subject prematurely.

Kindest Regards,

Tracey Ritter
Portland, OR