Shoeing/Stumbling

Remember I wrote awhile back about stumbling problem my gelding was having? Well he is MUCH better and I rarely see it now. He moves better and has MUCH more energy. The solution? The shoeing was most of his problem. I had only had him several months and his feet were badly shod when I bought him. We started correcting it with one farrier and then when I moved barns & got a better farrier I have seen a huge improvement in his gait, energy and attitude! He still does not pay great attention to his feet & trips over stuff but he is still young and too busy looking at other things.

He is also getting in better shape which has helped. He was not ridden very much when I got him cause the little girl who owned him was scared to ride him last 6 mos-year. (Nobody should buy a green, young, smart Arab for their beginner rider!!)

Hopefully he will be fit enough in April at our first ride next year.

Karla Watson
Portland, Oregon
Boarding in Beavercreek near BLM land