Re: re: barefoot

Thanks for pointing out the "common sense" idea but I do want to make a
comment.  SHOES themselves do not make a horse lame.  A bad shoeing job,
yes.  But that is the responsibility of the farrier.  Being the farrier's
wife means I am often the last to get shoes on my horse, sometimes the day
before a ride.  Not my ideal scenario but sometimes it does happen.  I can
go right out after Nelson shoes my horse and do a 50 miler on Malik.  I can
also go out the day after his shoes are pulled and he is trimmed and do a 10
mile conditioning ride on dirt roads.  That is my luck to have a horse with
good feet like that.  But as you said, common sense must prevail and I know
I could not do that with ANY horse.  Anyway, just my 2 cents.  Shoes
themselves are not evil... it's the farrier who is evil!  :)  HAHA!!!  Just
kidding!
Maggie