Re: RC: Re: Moral Dilemma / Trainers

When we start our horses we sent them for a month to a trainer who is jockey
size. She starts them under saddle - although they have hand significant ground
work before then - and spends lots of time on the trails in the woods with them.
We do go over a couple times a week to see how everything is going. We also take
one of our other horses over and ride with the new guy. The trainer riding the
new horse and we will ride our horses - the new guys pasture buddies.

We can see how he is doing, what we will have to work on, spooky, stubborn, etc.
and I think the new guys likes the rides with his buddies. Then we bring him home
and he is better ready for a larger rider. At some point he will then go get his
dressage training after the basic training.

I agree the training should be a joint effort.

Truman