Re: Mares Idiosycratic Behavior

My old grey mare hides behind trees when she sees me with her saddle and
bridle.  We have a lot of trees, so it's a short silent sneak to a nearby
tree.  She gives herself away when she peeks her head around to see if I
saw her!

When she is in my husband's garden he runs out and snaps the lunge whip to
scare her off.  She runs off and around the house until she comes back
behind him.  He'll turn around and snap the whip and she runs around the
house again. This goes on until one of them gets bored with it, or the dogs
jump in and chase her out to pasture.

--- Denise
--- sadiewags@earthlink.net