Old Dog Vestibula Syndrome

Margie Margie@ffww.com
I am turning to Ridecamp once again. I have always had such wonderful help
from everyone on this site.

My 17 yr old Chow/Aussie mix had a sudden onset of Vestibular Syndrome. He
can barely walk, his head is severely tilted to the right, his eyes are
swiftly moving from left to right in sync with each other, he is not
eating.

My vet, thank goodness, is certified in acupuncture and Chinese Medicine.
She has had great success with a Chinese prescription for this syndrome. I
unfortunately could not pronounce it and don't have the bottle here to
write it down for you. My doctor is Doctor Lisa Lomond DVM and is in
located in Los Angeles. I'm sure any vet with this background would be
knowledgeable with this Chinese prescription.

In my search on the net I have found very little on Canine (Old Dog)
Vestibular Syndrome. I did find some info on how my poor dog must feel.
Totally dizzy, disoriented, and it has to do with the inner ear.

At this time we don't know if these herbs will help, it's too early to
tell, we just started them last evening. I'm sending this note out to help
anyone and also see if there is anyone who has any information on this
disease.

At this time we are very hopeful.

Thank you

Margie Beeson