Re: Re: New horse help needed

Yes the poles were painted, but it was about 6 years ago or so, and actually I was thinking of re-doing them since we are staining the deck..may as well use that paintbrush while it's wet.   The other horses don't mind the smell. Our public arena has jump poles out most of the time, we put on shows there periodically and a few weeks ago had "Painting day". I think they used left over house paint.   We are making progress though, he has been bumping them with his nose, and has jumped over one once.      (Realizing his mistake, he vowed never to do that again)

 I have my three year old Passion (who was trained to do all these things when she weighed 50 lbs and couldn't fight me off) ,  teaching him the virtue of stepping over the rails to get the pile of hay on the other side. He just stands there and frowns. "Now how the hell did she do that?"     To keep this endurance related, I found that he would step over the trail barriers nicely, and walked on 10 crunchy horrible piles of dried Arunda (that bamboo looking stuff) that the county clean up crews left all over our trail. Not that he liked it, but he'll go over stuff. I just hope I don't find a white jump rail up on one of these mountain cliff trails or you all will be watching me spinning under a helicopter on "Amazing Animal Rescues"

Beth "Those  $$Helicopter rides always seem to be around  here.."

Bravo " I'd rather ride the helicopter than touch those white poles...shiver"

Passion " What are you talking about, those are dessert"

Solstice "That's my daughter!!"

Curt, " Painting the $$***#@$$$ deck so we don't have to ride the $$$helicopter?"