Tendo-Synivitis

Lori Greco ironhorse@thegateway.net
I have a horse that has performed well in LDs this year, but now has a
continuous thickening of the right rear leg going halfway up the cannon
bone. He has been swelling up with a little bit of heat. There is no
limping after I ride any small, slow, soft footing, etc...distance.  I had
him ultra-sounded today and there is fluid in the sheath around the cannon
bone. I know that rest is best, but he stays in a pasture doing what all
arabs like to do. Would MSM help or even stall bounding him? How much rest
should I start with? Please give me some ideas. Thanks