Re:keeping feet warm & dry in rain?

I'm coveting a pair of Ariat Extreams.  Supposedly, they're waterproof and
lined with gore-tex.

If I'm very good, I might get a pair for Christmas. . .
(and maybe a set of matching half-chaps too. . .)

Last year I rode in a pair of regular Ariat 'English' boots with a pair of
wool socks.  Got a little damp and a little cold, but it was workable.