MCL Repair

Any of you riders out there ever had to have your MCL (knee) repaired? I'd
like to hear from you as Hubby is having his done tomorrow.  The waiting and
healing is not working, and he is an avid rider as I am and he did the MCL
in on our last day at the GMHA Fall Foliage Ride in September and hasn't
been able to ride since.  So to say the least, he is going insane.  The
doctor says he should be back to normal in a couple of weeks, but not for
horse back riding, which could be 6 weeks or more. So I'd like to hear from
anyone who had this repair done and is riding now.  Thanks,

Carolyn Burgess