keeping feet warm & dry in rain?

No matter which form of boots/shoes you decide on, I highly recommend a pair
of SmartWool socks.  Even if your feet do get wet, they won't/shouldn't get
cold.  I even wear them all summer where my feet will get wet from all the
sponging but they won't look like prunes when I finally get to put dry socks
and shoes on.  They are worth their weight in gold.
Sallie in NE Ohio