[Fwd: RC: caused enough trouble, yet?!]

Jackie.....

In a message dated 11/3/01 8:28:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, lanconn@tds.net writes:

I do have a problem with "attitude".  I don't like being treated
like a "2nd class citizen" just because I like to do 50's....or Limited
Distance....or don't have "x" Zillion miles...which is what Cindy
implied, whether she meant it that way or not.
   I went back & re-read Cindy's post, did I miss something?  If you have a private conversation going on, it must be there, I NEVER perceived Cindy's post as deragoratory in any way towards 50 milers! I don't know her at all, but what I got from her post was she felt there were not enough 100 milers and feels that more riders need to support the 100's.

Sorry, No offense intented, but that post came across to me as "Everybody should aspire to do 100 mile Rides, and if you don't, you're not "really" an Endurance Rider".  It's for sure not the first time posts have been misunderstood....and if I misunderstood Cindy's post, my humble apolgies. Perhaps I'm overly sensitive! <grin>

By the way...wasn't he third?  You call that "Not doing all
> that well?"

He didn't win...according to Cindy's criteria, that's failure.

   Where did you get that? If it is in reference to naming a "National Champion", then yes there can only be one winner, it does not mean 2nd or other finishers are chopped meat.

Excuse me? Do I misunderstand ANOTHER post? There can be only ONE champion?  How you gonna decide that? Let's say we have a National Championship, and for sake of argument, 100 miles in each region. Is AERC gonna come up with the funds to sponsor a "World Series" to see who is REALLY the "ONE" Winner? Over what trail? In the heat and humidity of the Southeast? In the dry dust of the Southwest? Where? How about the great horse that's finds the rock with his name on it in that ONE qualifying ride in his region?   You need at least a "Best of Five" in each Region and a "Best of Seven" in the Nationals.  And by the way, all the rides should be a month a part to give all the horses time to recover from each ride.  Let's see, that's at least 12 months for the Championship Rides. Having ONE National Champion based on the winners in  specific rides  and declaring that the "National Champion Endurance Horse" is  ridiculous! Gimme a break!  Please tell me I misunderstood your statement.  If not, how would you determine the "one" National Champion? I'm not being sarcastic here....I'm just asking. Please elaborate.

"Third" ain't good enough from Cindy's perspective.

You either "WIN" or you don't count. I don't agree with that.
  Once again I sure didn't read that into Cindy's post, but if you would like our official organization to name everyone "National Champions" and award such performance then please just send my jacket  ( size M) along with my membership card. <vbg>

As far as the NCR was concerned, no one named the winner the "National Champion". Just the "Winner of the National Championship Ride".  I would support giving that winner a jacket.

Jackie Baker
#15265

Jim, Sun of Dimanche, and Mahada Magic