Re: RC: caused enough trouble, yet?!

In a message dated 11/3/01 8:28:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, lanconn@tds.net writes:

I do have a problem with "attitude".  I don't like being treated
like a "2nd class citizen" just because I like to do 50's....or Limited
Distance....or don't have "x" Zillion miles...which is what Cindy
implied, whether she meant it that way or not.

    I went back & re-read Cindy's post, did I miss something?  If you have a private conversation going on, it must be there, I NEVER perceived Cindy's post as deragoratory in any way towards 50 milers! I don't know her at all, but what I got from her post was she felt there were not enough 100 milers and feels that more riders need to support the 100's.

By the way...wasn't he third?  You call that "Not doing all
> that well?"

He didn't win...according to Cindy's criteria, that's failure.

    Where did you get that? If it is in reference to naming a "National Champion", then yes there can only be one winner, it does not mean 2nd or other finishers are chopped meat.

"Third" ain't good enough from Cindy's perspective.

You either "WIN" or you don't count. I don't agree with that.

  Once again I sure didn't read that into Cindy's post, but if you would like our official organization to name everyone "National Champions" and award such performance then please just send my jacket  ( size M) along with my membership card. <vbg>

Jackie Baker
#15265