Personal Agendae

 ----- Original Message -----
From: NdurN@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2001 11:02 AM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Re: ridecamp-d Digest V01 #1526

The same personal agendae (taking your word for it this is the proper word) that you find in any AERC member....the particular part of the sport that makes you enjoy it the most...i.e.  multi-days, LD, 100s, 50s, International, NC, and so on and so on.  The problem comes IMO when any member cannot allow everyone else who happens to enjoy another particular persuasion to have their opinion expressed and sometime in fact, degrades that members interest.  You will notice that I left out trail riding, horse loving, and general camping out of the list of particulars as I feel most of us agree on these aspects.

Susan K

Yea, right, Susan, I just love camping out in my tent for 4 days, no shower, except for what some guys in the Air Force used to call "taking a hooker's bath," which entails washing your face and limbs with a dirty rag from a bucket of ice cold water.  And don't forget eating the food that has gone bad cause you were too tired to drive into town for ice, bug bites from something that got though your screen in the middle of the night, and that damn itching.  Why am I always scratching myself every time I experience this wonderful camping endurance lifestyle and just what is it, exactly, that causes the itching?  My guess it's from the fleas courtesy of endurance dog USA.

And let's not forget those cold rides where you freeze your butt off, wearing your snow ski cap (I haven't seen a slope in over 20 years) to keep your ears from falling off, three pairs of long johns, and, if you're really brave, try to keep your flame throwing propane heater running thru the cold night without turing you and your kid into a piece of toast.  And the sound of those generators running all night long, from your neighbors who elect to not really experice that "wonderful camping thing" at all.  Ahh, the ambiance, it just lulls you to sleep like riding on a runaway freight train running full throttle.

Yea, Susan, I just love friggen camping.  Can't get enough of the stuff (where the heck is my toothbrush?).  Throw in 200 horses and a bayyyying jackass, who never shuts up, next door to me, and I swear I just died and went to Camp Endurance Heaven.  I'm sure we would all agree on that one.  You won't get any complaints from me, that's for sure.

cya,

Howard (no wonder I'm one of the few tent people left.  I'd love camping too if it meant bringing along my house)